Go to http://www.theartoftheblog.com for my new site.

4/14/2003

Franks Wants to Retire?



Great stuff from Scrappleface.com



ScrappleFace: Gen. Tommy Franks Can't Wait to Retire



(2003-04-13) -- U.S. Gen. Tommy Franks said today that he can't wait to retire so he'll have a better understanding of what's going on with U.S. military operations.



"Retired generals have better operational information than I do," said Gen. Franks. "When I give a news conference now, everything I say is doubted by the reporters. But when I'm retired, the big news media will hire me to talk about what's really going on in the theater of operations. I'm just not in the loop right now."



Gen. Franks said he often calls retired generals to gather intelligence about the movements of U.S. forces, and predictions about what will happen next.



--30--