Go to http://www.theartoftheblog.com for my new site.

7/16/2003

Waaah! Dress Code at Vatican

Waaah! Dress Code at Vatican

Geez, how whiny can some people get? "Damn! I can't believe the Vatican is making me cover my shoulders and legs before I enter St. Peter's Basilica! Waah!" Get a grip folks. #1 - 90's ain't all that hot. #2 - If you have to fit dress code to get into a swank restaurant or a nice club, don't you think you could show some respect in the freakin' Vatican? Where's the news story about how they don't let you were flip-flops into the Great Mosque in Mecca?

Tourists Hot Over Vatican Dress Code

“I am born naked and the church wants me to be wearing pants,” Danish tourist Kenneth Bergen, 53, proclaimed to a throng of would-be visitors who had been turned back. Bergen had just bought a pair of paper pants.

Enforcement of the dress turns into a battle each summer, but the verbal skirmishes have been heightened this July because Rome has been in the grips of a relentless heat wave.

For weeks, temperatures have reached into the 90 degrees Fahrenheit each day . . . .