Go to http://www.theartoftheblog.com for my new site.

5/28/2003

AA Issues

A Great Affirmative Action Column by Walter Williams

This is a great parable demonstrating the insanity known as affirmative action.

Walter Williams: Affirmative action grading

Having computed the class grade average for my white students, affirmative action -- or you might call it compensatory -- grading will be a breeze. Say the class average for my white male students is 80 and a particular white male earns a 92 score for the course. In the past, being insensitive to the goals of diversity and multiculturalism, I'd assign that student an A. But having seen the importance of diversity and multiculturalism, next fall I'll simply subtract twelve points from that white student's score and add it to a black student's score, leaving the white male student with the white male class average of 80.

This article is based upon an idea originally put forth by Dr. Mike S. Adams at University of North Carolina - Wilmington Campus.

News from Agape Press

For years, my well-known opposition to affirmative action has been a source of great controversy across our campus, particularly among UNCW faculty. Many have assumed that my position on this topic has been a function of personal prejudice or "insensitivity" to the needs of various "disenfranchised" groups on campus and in society in general. In reality, my opposition to affirmative action has been based on personal experience.