Go to http://www.theartoftheblog.com for my new site.

7/03/2003

Ann Coulter: Liberal alternative patriotism

Ann Coulter on Japanese Interment in WWII

I wonder, every time I hear someone denouncing Ann Coulter as the "leggy blonde strident bitch of the right", I never hear them actually dispute the facts or reasoning of her columns. All I ever hear is that she is a bitch and she is good looking, as if that somehow demeaned her positions. Didn't the women's movement of the 20th century work hard to keep such sexist statements out of political and business discourse? Weren't we taught that we should respect a woman for her ideas and their quality rather than judge her for her looks? If anyone would like to point me to an issue by issues, fact by fact refutation of her columns/claims/positions, I would be delighted to take a look at them. Email me by clicking here.

Ann Coulter: Liberal alternative patriotism

There was one lonely voice in the Roosevelt administration opposed to the Japanese internment – that of J. Edgar Hoover. The American Civil Liberties Union gave J. Edgar Hoover an award for wartime vigilance during World War II. It was only when he turned his award-winning vigilance to Soviet spies that liberals thought Hoover was a beast.