Go to http://www.theartoftheblog.com for my new site.

2/26/2004

Dem Hate Speech?

Dem Hate Speech?

If a Rep or a conservative ahd said this . . . can you even imagine?

"All those look alike to me."

"Just a bunch of ."

I can HEAR the outrage it's so intense . . . and this is just a hypothetical situation!

FOXNews.com - Politics - Rep. Brown Apologizes for 'White Men' Comment

MIAMI — U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown (search) apologized Thursday for remarks she made a day earlier when she said Hispanics and whites "all look alike to me."

Brown made the statement during a Wednesday briefing on Haiti with Assistant Secretary of State Roger Noriega (search), a Mexican-American, and the Florida congressional delegation. During the meeting, attended by about 30 people, Brown sat across the table from Noriega and launched an attack on President Bush's policy on Haiti (search).

She said Republican leaders were "racist" in their policies toward the Caribbean nation, which is almost entirely black, and called the president's representatives "a bunch of white men."

"I sincerely did not mean to offend Secretary Noriega or anyone in the room. Rather, my comments, as they relate to 'white men,' were aimed at the policies of the Bush administration as they pertain to Haiti, which I do consider to be racist," Brown said in a statement on Thursday.