Go to http://www.theartoftheblog.com for my new site.

3/11/2004

Elder on Racist Statements

Elder on Racist Statements

Aaron McGruder creates "The Boondocks" - a comic strip about life in a black community which is sometimes funny.

You can tell from some of his strips (ok, MOST of his strips) that he does not like the Bush administration.

Fine. No problem. Puts him right up there with Doonesbury.

What you may not know is the hate-filled, wild allegations he put forward in interviews and speeches.

Larry elder sets the record straight.

BTW - if anyone wants to say that these were taken out of context, please send me a source which gives the full interview/transcript and I will happily post it here for review. But how you can say that the quotes he uses are out of context . . . jeez, I cannot even imagine the context in which these quotes would be considered non-offensive.

The McGruder award for most outrageous statement by a black public figure

Aaron McGruder -- on television's "America's Black Forum," for his savage remarks about National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice: "I don't like Condoleezza Rice because of her politics. I don't like Condoleezza Rice because she's part of this oil cabal that's now in the White House. I don't like her because she's a murderer. You know, I'm not bound by the rules of a politician or journalist. So, you know, when I say, 'She's a murderer,' it's because she's a murderer, and that's all that's necessary for me to make those statements."