Go to http://www.theartoftheblog.com for my new site.

5/02/2003

Brit Understands US Feeling Toward France

Tony Parsons, Columnist from the UK Daily Mirror



Mirror.co.uk - FRENCH DISSING IN THE U.S.A

I HOPE that the continent of Europe never again needs help from the United States of America.

I hope that there's never some murderous little tyrant - another Hitler, another Milosevic - that Europe needs help in taming.

I hope that there's never some economic catastrophe that requires American dollars to make it right, as they did at the end of the Second World War.

I hope that the euro experiment works. I hope that all those peace-loving souls in Belgium, Germany and France can somehow muster an army to protect themselves.

I hope that the continent I live on never again needs to go cap in hand to the Americans.

Because if that black day ever comes, I have the feeling that America might just tell Europe where to go.


--30--